domenica 17 marzo 2013

Joplin and Young as complete recording/playback station: a feedback from a user - Joplin e Young come stazione completa di registrazione/riproduzione: il resoconto di un utente

[English]

I'd like to share with you this e-mail from a user from USA who owns both Joplin and Young and uses them to rip and reproduce vinyl:
"Marco,
 After three months of The Young and The Joplin, I thought I would let you know how I operate your products.  Today I recorded a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab recording of Santana's first album.  (I bought my first copy in the Winter of 1970.)  I recorded it at 384 kHz/24-bit in Samplitude.  I then moved it to my NAS server where I linked the individual tracks in a progrlam called Music Collector.  Music Collector is the database that contains a listing of much of my music. I have enclosed a screen shot of what Music Collector looks like when I selected the MSFL vinyl version of Santana 1.  The white triangles are where you can click to get either the whole album (top where I labled START) or individual tracks on the left to play in JRiver,  The next screen  shot is of JRiver Media Center.   I use WASAPI - Event Style.  Regular WASAPI does not work for me at all.  Kernal Streaming works but it has buffering issues which causes it to stop and then restart.  The techs at JRiver said to output at the highest bit rate that your DAC can handle so I set JRiver to 32-bit and I think it does make a big difference to play back any music to The Yound at 32-bits."
If you have similar experiences you want to share, please comment this post or contact me at m.manunta@m2tech.biz.
 




[Italiano]
 
Vorrei condividere con voi un'interessante e-mail inviatami da un utente americano che possiede sia il Joplin che lo Young, che usa come stazione integrata di ripping e playback per il suo vinile. Il testo originale è qui sopra, il sunto in italiano è: "utilizzo il Joplin con Samplitude per ripare il vinile a 384kHz/24bit (evidentemente Samplitude non permette l'acquisizione a 32 bit), poi realizzo un collegamento del materiale acquisito con Music Collector (album e singole tracce). Per riprodurre il materiale rippato uso JRiver won WASAPI in Event Style perché la modalità standard non pare funzionare. Il Kernel Streaming funziona ma prodoca delle interruzioni nel playback. Seguendo il consiglio dei creatori di JRiver, invio i dati allo Young nel formato a 32 bit: la differenza in effetti è notevole."
Le due immagini mostrano una schermata di Music Collector e di JRiver, rispettivamente.
Se avete esperienze simili che volete condividere, potete commentare questo post oppure contattarmi su m.manunta@m2tech.biz.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento